Wednesday, October 04, 2006

PS3 pre-launch has landed


Tonight 8BIT and I were invited to a screening of the 70 second cinema ad for PS3...no, not a real product ad, but yet another useless teaser. While neither of us had any secret spy bootlegging devices, we can tell you that the cinema ad is very much in line with all those outdoor billboard ads you might have seen around Toronto this week.

Anyway, here's the gist: In a very dark room (like so dark we could barely see what was happening) little boy packs backpack. Little boy goes to a roof (is he going to jump?). Little boy spots teenage boy on roof next door. Both boys look to sky and see a large shadow of a 3 that looks to be made of millions of waffle irons - oops I mean PS3's. Aren't you getting chills? It's so PROFOUND!

While the cinematography is pretty good, the ad hardly gave me any feeling of excitement a big release should have. The XBOX360 "Jump In" ads made me much more excited because it evoked some sort of emotion of excitement and fun. This one merely tells me that something big is coming...YAWN - I already knew the PS3 is a massive tub of lard...and now I want a waffle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home