Thursday, October 12, 2006

Canadian Pre-Orders Start Monday!


It's official. EB Games will start Canadian pre-orders of both PS3 and Wii on Monday, Ocotber 16. But you have to put down a $50 Trade In OR a $200 deposit. EB Games released this on their website today:

EB Games Canada stores will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the PlayStation 3 and Wii consoles on Monday, October 16, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to reach our limit very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at that time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability. $50 CDN in trade or a $200 CDN cash/credit reservation deposit is required. As we cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, a reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.


I'm so torn - I HATE EB Games with a vegence. And I hate that they are asking for me to hand over $200 - which is 3/4 the prices of the Wii! But I really want the security that receipt brings. It will lull me to sleep with visions of Rayman's Raving Rabbids and Legend of Zelda. Or I camp out at Best Buy with the rest of the masses..which could be fun. We could smuggle in some beers and hang with the homies on Bay & Dundas. So who wants to join my camp out on November 18?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home